At Peace Lutheran Primary School we aim to develop each individual student as a unique creation of God with unique gifts, talents and needs. Using the Australian Curriculum, the LEA Vision for Learners and Learning, and the Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration, Peace strives to deliver a quality education that nurtures the hearts and minds of our students and prepares them to be confident and creative individuals, successful lifelong learners and active and informed members of the community.
At Peace we believe that:
- Each child is an individual, created by God with unique strengths and abilities
- Learning is a developmental process; children learn at different rates and times
- The building of relationships is central to effective teaching and learning
Curriculum at Peace:
- Christian Studies
- HASS – including Geography, History, Civics & Citizenship, Economics & Business
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts
- Languages – German (Years 4-6)
As a Christian school our Christian Studies Curriculum forms the basis for the education and pastoral care of our students. It forms a vital part of the whole school Christian education along with activities such as school worship and devotions. The Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF) provides a structure for Christian Studies in which students can explore a range of religious and non- religious perspectives set in the context of the whole Christian education experience of the school.