At Peace Lutheran Primary School we aim to develop the individual student as a unique creation of God with unique gifts, talents and needs. Using the Australian Curriculum, the LEA Vision for Learners and Learning, and the Melbourne Declaration, Peace strives to deliver a quality education nurturing the hearts and minds of students.
At Peace we believe that:
- Each child is an individual, created by God with unique strengths and abilities
- Learning is a developmental process; children learn at different rates and times
- The building of relationships is central to effective teaching and learning
Key Learning Areas at Peace include:
- Christian Studies
- HASS – including Geography, History, Civics & Citizenship
- Health and Physical Education
- The Arts
- Personal Development
As a Christian school our Christian Studies Curriculum forms the basis for the education and pastoral care of our students. It forms a vital part of the whole school Christian education along with activities such as school worship and devotions. The Christian Studies Curriculum Framework (CSCF) provides a structure for Christian Studies in which students can explore a range of religious and non- religious perspectives set in the context of the whole Christian education experience of the school.