Peace Lutheran runs a motivated and exciting Outside School Hours Care program that caters for all children from Prep to Year 7. The program runs every weekday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm and supplies a well balanced afternoon tea for your child.
Our qualified staff are kind, approachable and hold a current First Aid Certificate and Fire Awareness Certificate. The children are our number one priority, and we strive to provide them with the best quality care.
About the Program
Staff of Peace Lutheran Outside School Hours Care plan daily programs using their knowledge of child development and what is appropriate for the age and developmental level of the children in their care. In addition they make observations of the interests, needs and strengths of each child and plan for the children individually.
Programs may be ‘free flow’ meaning your child is able to have freedom of choice and make their own decisions. We believe that children learn best through play, so by offering this type of program it encourages the children to engage in play instead of structured adult directed activities. Programs are planned in advance and are advertised throughout the centre.
What We Want For Children
We want children to:
- Be in a physical space that ensures that they are safe, healthy and happy.
- Be enveloped with a feeling of security and stability.
- Be provided with a developmental program that sets up a climate for learning, growth, and spontaneity.
- Be in an environment that encourages them to be inquisitive, where they are motivated and confident independent learners.
- Become good communicators.
- Develop solid values and beliefs that help them make sense of the world and strengthen their inner selves.
We believe that childhood education is an important and valuable stage in the lifelong learning process. We believe that each child is a unique creation of God and a person loved by God.
As a community we are guided by core values and we strive to reflect the characteristics of God, especially love, justice, compassion, forgiveness, patience and service. As carers we see ourselves as guardians of childhood & children’s natural interests, and partners with families and community.
All staff work together as a team with a shared vision and common core belief to provide a caring, nurturing, homelike environment. We are committed to policies and practises that support the relationship between families and staff with a program that is safe and provides opportunities for individuals to develop a meaningful awareness of the love of God and of their world.
We believe that God values and respects all people equally and infinitely – therefore we recognise and respect everyone’s individuality, inclusive of needs, abilities, cultural background, gender, beliefs and attitudes.
We believe that learning goes beyond the academic and includes the spiritual, physical, emotional, cognitive and creative development of each child and provide individualised programs which engage children in meaningful learning according to their culture, needs, style of learning.
- To provide care and recreation for children in a safe supervised environment.
- To provide a balanced variety of play and recreational activities to meet the needs and interests of children.
- To respond to individual and family needs through the provision of full, part-time, occasional and emergency care.
HOURS OF OPERATION
After School Care: 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Vacation Care: 7:00am – 6:00pm
Pupil Free Care: 7.00am – 6.00pm
Closed all public holidays and 2 weeks over the Christmas/New Year Period
The service is open to all children In Prep to Year Seven.
It may be used on full-time, casual or emergency basis.