Lutheran Schools 1839 - Present
(ALIVE175! LEA Presentation)
Taken from the LEA website
Lutherans were the first Protestants and trace their origins back to the Reformation of western Christendom in the sixteenth century. With some seventy million members, the Lutheran church is still the largest Protestant denomination in the world. As a church with an emphasis on biblical literacy and Christian education it has supported the provision of Christian schools from its beginnings.
The long tradition of Lutheran schooling has been part of this country's history too. Lutherans have operated schools in Australia since 1839. Currently there are Lutheran schools located in every state and territory of Australia except the ACT. The church operates early childhood centres as well. The Lutheran church also has its own tertiary institution, Australian Lutheran College, which provides special training for Lutheran teachers in order to promote a distinctive ethos in its schools. View the link to find out more about the history of Lutheran Schools.
Peace Lutheran Primary School was established in 1982 on land originally owned by the Smoothy, Stubberfield and Brooker families and opened by the Deputy Premier Mr Bill Gunn. Pastor Eric Liebelt was the driving force in the local parish. Mr Trevor Kleidon welded the School Council together as its first chairman and Neil Schiller was the founding principal. The strong commitment and dedicated support of the Church and the wider community continues to this day.